The beauty blogger award – who would’ve thunk it.
I was recently nominated by a fellow blogger at maymaysparkle.wordpress.com for the beauty blogger award (thank you maymaysparkle!). I’d never heard of this before, but it sounded fun, so I thought I’d give it a go…
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion
- Make 15 questions for your nominees to answer.
- The people you nominate MUST HAVE UNDER 200 FOLLOWERS!!
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
QUESTIONS FROM MAYMAYSPARKLE:
- Why did you start blogging? – I was reading petite fashion blogs, which were so much fun to read that they made me wonder if it would also be fun to be on the writing end of it.
- If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be? – Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
- Concealer or Foundation? – Ironically, considering the answer to #2, I would maybe go with concealer. My under-eye dark spots…they are a-growin’.
- Blush or Bronzer? – Blush. I have some beautiful blushes that I’m absolutely smitten with, whereas I have a bronzer that I’ve barely scratched the surface of.
- Lip gloss or Lipstick? – Lipstick, especially those that come in sleek black bullets. They look so mature and sophisticated, like the lipstick tubes your mom would’ve owned.
- Natural or color eye shadow? – Natural
- What is your favorite clothing brand? – It’s not really a brand, but a good portion of my wardrobe right now comes from H&M.
- What is your favorite shoe brand? – I don’t have a favorite brand, but I have a favorite type of shoes – heels!
- What is your favorite perfume? – I actually don’t like perfumes! Personally, the scents are too overwhelming for me and end up giving me headaches. I do own a DKNY Be Delicious perfume, which, if spritzed lightly, can smell nice. In general however, thumbs down on perfumes.
- What is your favorite beauty quote? – Don’t judge a book by its cover. It’s cheesy, but wouldn’t it be nice if no one ever judged anyone?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you buy? – Nothing for myself really, but I’d buy something nice for my boyfriend, for always being such a sweetheart.
- What are your hobbies? – I play the guitar, keyboard, and drums. I mainly sing and play guitar, covering songs and recording them. I used to record using my Blackberry, then my iPod touch, and now a microphone and microphone stand that my boyfriend bought me, which connects to my laptop. So now I can record straight into my computer using the program Audacity, and the sound quality is just so much better.
- What is your favorite nail polish brand? – Essie
- Are you good at doing makeup? – It’s good enough for what I need, but it’s very basic compared to the gurus out there.
- Who are your favorite Youtubers? – For fashion/vlogs, I’ve been into Essie Button lately. She, her boyfriend Aslan, and their dog Reggie are crazy adorable. They’re meant to be together. For music, I’m currently subscribed to Sam Tsui and Boyce Avenue.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’m a whopping 4’11” and 80 lbs.
- I can fit a size 1.5 or 2 in kids’ shoes, and size 4 in women’s.
- I have penmanship that people mistake for computer print.
- I have an unnatural love of coffee.
- I also have an unnatural love of bacon.
- I am less than one year away from earning my doctorate degree.
- My favorite animal is a pig. I have 4 stuffed pigs on my bed and 7 pictures of pigs that I took at farms I went to hanging above my bed. And yes, I see the irony of my favorite animal being a pig and my love of bacon.
- I’ve encountered a lot of turkeys on my drive to and from work lately. Traffic in both directions politely stop for them to cross the street.
- I am bilingual. I also studied 3 other languages in school, none of which stuck.
- I have a favorite organ. I like the kidney. Yeah…don’t ask.
I NOMINATE (Ok, so I’m going to cheat a little and publish this post with only 3 nominees, and I’ll be adding more as I discover more blogs. It’s a shame that the rules cap the # of followers at 200, because I found some blogs I loved that had just over 200 followers.):
- Little Beauty Loves
- A Smile Is The Best Makeup
- Bright Lights and Pretty Things
- HBO Girl
- Shopaholics Pair of Dice
- Live Free, Laugh Hard, Love Fashion
- And Liv Loves
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- When did you start using makeup?
- What is your favorite part of using makeup?
- What is your favorite feature of your face (i.e. you have nice eyes, nose, lips, cheeks)?
- What is your favorite feature of yourself in general?
- What is your favorite article of clothing in your closet?
- What is your favorite season to dress for (e.g. do you like spring clothes? winter clothes?)
- What kind of climate do you live in? Do you experience all four seasons of the year? Is it hot year round?
- What is your occupation?
- Who inspires you the most (doesn’t have to be fashion/beauty-related)?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Would you prefer that blogging be a pastime or what you do for a living?
- How would you describe your style?
- Is there a celebrity whose style you emulate, and if so, who?
- Where do you find the most inspiration for fashion/beauty – catalogs, magazines, tv, movies, internet, etc?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Well, I think that’s it. I read and re-read the rules, and I thiiiink I got everything, except the 15 nominees. But I promise to keep adding to the list!
Looking forward to reading what my nominees have to say about themselves!